- Sent over 50 emails to professors at my top 14 schools.
- Received 70% or so response rate to those emails, including long replies filled with advice and guidance.
- I have targeted 11 schools for applications based on the results above, my interest in the program, and the possibility of acceptance.
- Finalized my letter of recommendation writers, set up meetings with them, discussed my schools, and began the process of getting those letters.
- Met with Professors Smith, Green, Hall, Jones, and Robertson to discuss my potential for admission into a graduate program. The main concern was my GRE and transcript; all professors saw my overall package as promising.
- I was approved, and very blessed, for travel to Indiana University, as well as visits to my Michigan schools.
- I have skimmed over at least one article from each of my targeted professors.
- I have wrote, reviewed, edited, and revised my statement of purpose and CV at least 15 times, all with the help of multiple people, including Lynn Curry, my professors, a few writing center sessions, and my mother.